A.E. Haywood & Sons Ltd. was established in 1957 by Albert Edward Haywood. The company is now in the hands of his sons David and Michael.
Albert started off by building his own home, followed by building two houses close by, which he then sold. He then built up the business through building extensions and quickly developed a reputation for quality work.
The business has grown and David and Michael now employ a team of highly qualified craftsmen who continue the tradition of high quality work.
A.E.H are proud to be members of the Federation of Master Builders.
A.E.H is continually investing in the future by training their own apprentices in conjuntion with the CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) and thus ensuring that the business will continue to develop.
Over 55 Years of Quality
After completing his National Service, Albert Edward Haywood decided to follow his father Frank’s footsteps and go into the building trade. In 1957, he started his own building company and was joined by his 2 sons, David and Michael, in the seventies, when the company became A.E. Haywood & Sons. David won ‘the silver trowel’ at Huddersfield Technical College, in 1973, for being the best overall building apprentice, when he passed his City and Guilds.
On his retirement, Albert passed the business to David and Michael, who formed the company A.E. Haywoods & Sons Ltd. The company, today now employs 12 tradesmen and apprentices, one of which is David’s son James, who also won prizes for excellence whilst he was at Huddersfield Technical College in 2004, so the family tradition is still continuing after 58 years. Sadly Albert died in 2004, but he was proud of the way the company had developed and grown and that the name A.E. Haywood & Sons Ltd is held in high esteem within the building trades, with a reputation for very high levels of workmanship and quality building projects.